February 5, 2007

Obsession


Max and I share an obsession....it is the vacuum. I love to vacuum. It is my favorite household chore. To me, vacuuming makes me feel good. The laundry can be overflowing along with the dishes in the sink (not to mention Quinlin's room that is in a constant state of a tornado disaster)...but if I can vacuum...all is right with the world.

When Max was fist born...I used to hold him and vacuum....he would lay in my arm on his tummy and off we'd go. Now, at nine months, he wants to hug it and hold it. We play our own little game of tag. He must think it's the coolest thing in the world. I try to vacuum and he proceeds to chase it. It's quite a challenge to keep away (in a very small room) from a baby who seems to crawl at lightning speed. I vacuum a little here, then a little there, and eventually try to win the game by finishing without Max catching me. He's gotten pretty quick and today I had to cheat to win. He kept catching me so I would pick him and and set him on the other side of the room and do as much as I could before he flew across the room and back to me and the vacuum.

I must admit...after reading the Harris' obsession with cars (see Team Harris) the vacuum isn't nearly as cool... but in my little world, this is a daily occurrence that makes me laugh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Marci, you're blogging! Heh heh, someone else bitten by the bug. I like what you've done with the place :)