March 1, 2007

SCORE!

I spend a lot of time listening to my MP3 player at work and what I like to listen to the most are movie scores. I am talking about the composed, instrumental music, as opposed to actual songs from various artists. I love it when I stumble onto a great score that takes me to another place as I listen to it. I am definitely not a professional music critic so I won't try to "review" any scores but here are some of my favorites that I listen to on a regular basis...

Batman Begins
Hero
Snow Falling on Cedars
Amelie
Whale Rider
Gladiator
Finding Neverland
Lady in the Water
Solaris
The Illusionist
Pan's Labyrinth
The Chronicles of Narnia
Battlestar Galactica
Lost
The Island
Unbreakable
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

Those are my favorites. As I write this I am listening to the score for 300, which I downloaded last night. So far it is very good and I would say it will probably be added to the list of favorites.

I also have selected tracks from a lot of other movies...way too many to list.

Do you have any favorites? Let me know...I am ALWAYS looking to add to my collection.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool, lots of new music for me to check out. I like to listen to scores by Thomas Newman, my favourites of his are Road To Perdition, Meet Joe Black and American Beauty.

I also like the Donnie Darko score although it's not to everyone's taste :)

Cheesetown said...

Claire - I have several tracks from Meet Joe Black and American Beauty...both very good. I recently listened to Babel and, although most of the album is mexican music, there are several tracks that are really fantastic: Deportation(my favorite), The Catch, Bibo No Aozora.
I will check out Donnie Darko.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Marci!!! I don't know if you'll check this since this was a while ago already but here goes....

Did you see Dreamgirls? I loved the music from that movie.

Much love to ya! ttyl