November 24, 2007

What I'm Thankful For


I'm thankful for many MANY things. God has blessed me so abundantly. Although I try to always be thankful, this season causes me to to truly realize how much I'm blessed.

What I'm thankful for:
1. I'm redeemed. I am a sinner, but because Christ loved me, he has called me one of his children and I am his.
2. My husband. He is amazing. He is a perfect partner. I not only love him, but I live each day because he walks beside me. I could never be who I am without him.
3. My children. They give complete joy to my life. Everyday, Erik and I look at each other and smile because of something they did. They've taught me patience (especially Quinlin), what it means to love unconditionally, and not to sweat the small stuff....after all, what is really important?
4. My childhood. I grew up in a fairly poor military family. We didn't have much, sometimes not much to eat. We moved all the time so having friends beyond acquaintances was nearly impossible. But I had parents who loved and protected me. We didn't get much by the way of "things" but they always found money if it was for an experience. They taught me to be honest, to work hard, and love God. I truly believe my life is wonderful because of my parents.

There are many MANY other things I am blessed with, my extended family, my church family, friends, Erik's job, HEALTHY children, great neighborhood and schools. I have many people in my life that love me and I love them.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a beautiful family! It is so good to find you guys on the www. Congrats on the one coming! Everytime I think about you guys I can't help but smile.

scott smith

The Harris Family said...

Good Luck with the new one coming! We love you guys...and put some pics of that baby when he/she arrives...

M-

Cheesetown said...

Scott - It's been awhile since we've talked. I hope you all are doing good. You guys need to get with the program and start a blog ...I believe you are the only ones who haven't! Send me whatever email address you are using nowdays.
BTW...Claire is coming to see us in March!! Now aren't you jealous! =)

Harris Fam - Pics will be forth coming. Adn by the way, Marci and I are really upset that you took the name Sam!! I hope you guys have a great Xmas.

Anonymous said...

E & M,

We are at smith222@cox.net

-scott

Kristi said...

Hey Guys,
Just thinking about you and wondering if the baby has arrived. Can't wait for pictures. Hope everything goes perfect.

Timbra said...

hey guys, i keep meaning to add you to my blogs i check. . . we're at wii3mcfamily.blogspot.com i'm sure baby is due any time now. . . can't wait to "meet" her.

love timbra and co!

The Harris Family said...

E & M-
We would love to share the name Sam with you guys...=)
M-