January 2, 2008

Home Alone!

Today I took a huge plunge into the world of 3 kids. Until today, I've enjoyed the company and help of my in laws and my husband. We had the kids outnumbered 4 to 3. Yesterday, my in laws left and today Erik went back to work...Quinlin doesn't go back to school until tomorrow!

Normally, since Quinlin is in school during the day, Max and Quinlin spend enough time apart they haven't fought too much. Now, Quinlin has been home for the last two weeks, both have been spoiled with attention from Grandma and Grandpa and today it all came to a head with fights and sobbing over everything...and it's only 1 o'clock.

Max just went down for a much needed nap, Quinlin is in the tub, and Zoey is busy sleeping. Sigh. Only 3 hours until Erik comes home. I think I need something from the store...I'll have to be ready to make my escape as soon as he walks through the door!

Oh, I hear Zoey waking...she's hungry. It was nice while it lasted.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AAAAHHH! I totally remember that feeling of, "What am I supposed to do all day, alone?" It will get easier! And one day you will actually miss this time in your life! Much love!

klc said...

I was always so scared when my parents left that everything would fall a part and I wouldn't be able to do it alone. Just about the time you get it figured out then the routine changes on you. You'll do great. Thinking of you guys!