May 7, 2009

Potty Training Update

So it's been about 10 days since we started the dreaded potty training. Max is doing well with few accidents. He does need some persuasion at times since he doesn't want to stop what he is doing to do something as un-fun and going to the bathroom. Although, he is very proud of himself that he is a big boy an no longer uses diapers.

I have to say, on day 3, I thought I was going to have to wait and try again. He hated going, had accidents constantly and I had a hard time keeping him motivated. By day 3, the newness had warn off, the stickers and prizes for doing a good job were old and he didn't seem to care that he was wet. BUT, my good friend Jalaine came to my rescue. Her daughter Justice is just 6 days younger than Max. On day three, they so nicely invited us over to a birthday lunch for the next day. The condition... Max had to stay dry between days. AND HE DID!!! He wanted to go to Justices Birthday Lunch and we was motivated! We even stoped at the store on the way and had a quick stop at the gas station...he made it! After that, he has been much better about going and has been able to go longer in between trips to the potty so I think going isn't as much an effort as it was in the beginning when we were going constantly.

So all in all, I would say we made it through. He still need a lot of reminding but my baby is now wearing big boy underwear!

No comments: