February 25, 2008

Evolution? Bah humbug...

I think one of the strongest arguments against evolution, is that moms only have two arms. If evolution were true, we'd have grown a few more.

This last week was Mid-Winter break- no school. Man I wish I had two arms for each kid I have. Since all my kids are young, and Quinlin is young at heart, I have to do most everything for them. If they need a snack, a drink, a toy they can't reach or something they can't open. If it's pooping, their butts need wiped. If they dirtied their clothes, they needed me to change them. By the end of the week, I was worn out! Maybe I needed more than just more arms, but another body too!

But it's all worth it. Every smile they give, every laugh they make. Wanting mommy to see and watch them when they do something they think is great. Our kids make our life full. Just yesterday I was remembering back to when it was just us and Quinlin. Wow...the day would be so lonely. It would be so quiet and still. I love that I can be here during the day to see all they do. To wake up each morning and here Max and Quinlin say..."morning momma." Bringing Zoey home instantly made Max seem like a giant. He was no longer my baby. He is growing up and has become a very cute, very talkative little boy. It all happens so fast. One day you wake up and months have gone by.

A very good and wise friend of ours once said "We're not raising boys and girls, but Men and Woman." And they will be exactly that before we know it....Men and Women (thanks Phil and Ne)

No comments: