April 18, 2008

I wish it were Groundhog Day.

I've been attending a bible study series with other ladies about Spiritual Leadership. Last night we talked about the parts of a woman's life. From baby, childhood, teen years, being a young woman, middle aged woman, and old woman. We talked about which we thought was the best part of our life so far and which was our worst. That conversation really made me think and evaluate my life.

Time never stops, we're always getting older and life is always moving forward. I've spent a large part of my life waiting for the next thing. I was a Navy brat and we were always moving. I remember first when I was in Jr. High. My dad was going to retire and we were going to make one last move. I couldn't wait for that event. Then I couldn't wait until I was finally in High school. I couldn't wait until I could drive, and then to graduate. I couldn't wait to go to AIM and I couldn't wait to go to the field....and then get off the field. I couldn't wait to get married. I couldn't wait to have a baby. I couldn't wait for Erik to finish school and get a job. I couldn't wait to finally have another baby...then another.

Now here I am. For the first time that I can remember...life is just perfect. There's nothing that I'm waiting for. I have EVERYTHING that a person could possibly have. Nothing could make life sweeter. I love my life. I love my family. I love all the amazing things God has blessed me with.

Time never stops, we're always getting older and life is always moving forward. If it didn't, it would be like that movie Ground Hog Day. Where the same day is repeated over and over. The days events might change, but none the less, the main character would wake up every morning to the same day...Ground Hog day. I wish that now. I wish I could wake up every morning to this time. If there was a time in my life I could take a snap shot of my life and live in it...this would be the time. I wish it were Groundhog Day.

1 comment:

Crazed Nitwit said...

I understand your sentiment. I dislike the real groundhog day because my youngest son died on Feb 2 1996 of a mitochondrial metabolic day. Even though I've become accepting of this and feel fairly healed finally, Feb 2 will always be the day my baby was born into heaven.