September 18, 2008

"I can't hear it!"

We have several kids CD's in the car that the kids love (insist) on listening to when we are in the car. They each have their favorite and we take turns choosing which one we listen to. The other day when I was driving with Max and Zoey, Max was listening to his songs. As we drove he said to me from behind "I can't hear it." So I turned it up and kept driving. A few seconds later he says again, "I can't hear it!" So I turned it up again. A few seconds after that I hear again, "I CAN"T HEAR IT!" I'm wondering...what is going on (worried now he might have a hearing problem), it was already soooo loud. I turned around to look at him as he was in mid sentence of saying again "I can't hear it!" only to see that he had both his fingers in his ears! No wonder he couldn't hear it! I told him to take his fingers out of his ears and then he could hear.

The next day we were in the car again, playing Max's music, and driving along. From behind I heard "I can't hear it." I turned around and sure enough.... he had his fingers in his ears. After telling him to take his fingers out so he could hear....he continued to leave his fingers IN and say "I can't hear it." I tried several more times to respond to his insistence that he couldn't hear with the obvious response for him to take his fingers out. But he didn't' All I kept hearing was ...I can't hear it....I can't hear it.... I can't hear it...." I gave up. That's what he did the entire rest of the drive! (Boy, is he 2 or what?) Any one have a child's remote control for sale? I could use a mute button!

1 comment:

psn4athome said...

He's getting so big! We miss you guys! Take care.